Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mint Brownies


Some time ago I bought a bag of Crème de Menthe Baking chips (Andes) I thought that I can use it for a dessert, but still I didn't find how to use it, until today. That happen so often, if I found a product that I can see some potential to use in a new recipe, I hear a voice that says "buy it, later you figure out how to use it", specially if it is the first time I see it at the supermarket.

I found a recipe that I modify a little bit. The result was a delicious brownie with a good flavor of mint that is not overpowering, but with the traditional chocolate flavor.



My daughter decided to eat the brownies with a big ball of Triple Caramel Ice Cream at the top of the brownies, with a little of the minty chips as a decoration, (she said). Great and delicious idea.


pastry
This is a very easy recipe, basic ingredients and fast to do it.  Here is the recipe... enjoy...


MINT BROWNIES

Ingredients:


For the brownies

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup Crème the Menthe Baking Chips (Andes)
1 stick of butter, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour

For the frosting

0.5 ounce of unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup Crème the Menthe Baking Chips (Andes)
1 tablespoon of butter


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 8" square pan generously with baking spray.

Melt the unsweetened chocolate and baking chips at the microwave. Use interval of 10 seconds, stir the chocolate no matter it looks that is not melting, and repeat until all the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.

In a mixer, cream the butter with the sugar until is fluffy and have a pale color. Beat the eggs one by one. With the mixer in low speed, drizzle in the cooled chocolate until it is combined. Add the flour and mix thoroughly.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.

Let cool in a rack before put the frosting.

Frosting

Melt together the unsweetened, baking chips and butter at the microwave and pour at the cooled brownies. Using a spatula spread the frosting on the top of the brownies and let it set.





No comments:

Post a Comment